We are currently seeking a Senior Estimator to join our estimating team. The Senior Estimator responsibilities will include quantity take off, pricing, and bidding construction projects. The Senior Estimator will manage the preparation of all estimates including takeoff of concrete and communicating with the team regarding all other discipline estimates. This is a new company with a bright future. This is an exciting, challenging role for which only the best will be considered.
- Responsible for quantity take off, pricing and bidding of construction projects
- Responsible to prepare an accurate bid proposal.
- Specific focus on buildings and flat work
- Final assembly of estimate for presentation to Owner
- Solid hard bid and conceptual estimating capabilities.
- Strong knowledge and relations with the subcontracting community
- Experience and knowledge of the manufacturing community
- Perform quantity take offs and pricing of estimates including mechanical, concrete and building trades.
- Experience in estimates ranging from $500,000 to $2 million
- Subcontractor solicitation during bidding process
- Aid filed operations with change order pricing
- Review of the project documents for value analysis suggestions.
- Preparation and pricing of value analysis suggestions.
- Prepare budget comparisons between current and previous estimates.
- Train assistant estimator.
- Concrete and building estimating experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including WORD, EXCEL & OUTLOOK
- General knowledge if HCSS preferable.
- Good organization and communication skills
- 5+ years of progressive experience in estimating for general contractor.
- Self-perform experience of concrete is strongly desired.
- Seeking someone with a variety of project types.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects over 10 million dollars.
- Knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids and GMP processes.
- Experienced dealing with subcontractors, subcontractors and or self-perform work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required.
- Strong Leadership abilities that include emphasis on & working with teams.
- Knowledge of design/building & CMAR project delivery systems
- TXDOT estimating required
- Ability to effectively manage the conceptual/competition, bid take off process, including assign staff.
We are not accepting resumes from Third Party Recruiting Firms for this position. If you are an Agency or Search firm representative, contact New World Contracting LLC. human resources directly for consideration. New World Contracting LLC. will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes and online response forms through this source. In addition, New World Contracting LLC. will not be responsible for any fees on unsolicited resumes that are submitted to any member of the Staffing or Operations team.