Paving Technician (Mechanic)
The Paving Technician (Mechanic) is responsible for the service and repair of various types of concrete paving equipment. Duties include diagnosing, adjusting, repairing, or overhauling mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. This position is based in Frisco, TX, but will frequently be in the field throughout DFW and North Texas servicing and repairing equipment at project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Weld metal components together, fabricates or repairs products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Repair and maintain diesel engines used to power machines, such as electric generators, and construction machinery, using hand tools, precision measuring instruments, and machine tools.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report and correct vehicle defects, or damage to vehicles/equipment.
- Installs safety protective equipment, guarding, posts and rails.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 2 years of mechanic experience with paving and heavy duty equipment required.
- Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, communicate and document.
- Experience with diesel engines preferred.
- Experience with concrete paving equipment is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- CDL not required but a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience as a technician or mechanic servicing and repairing heavy equipment.
- A.S. degree or certificate in diesel technology preferred.
NWC,LLC offers our employees a competitive salary. We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We are an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.