The New World Contracting, LLC. Internship Program provides top-notch students the opportunity to apply classroom learning to real-world challenges, working with recognized experts in their field of study. In turn, the Internship program assists in identifying highly qualified, technically sound professionals for regular, full-time employment upon graduation.
New World Contracting, LLC. is seeking candidates who are current students for Fall 2016 internship opportunities in and around the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Internships consist of essential functions that involve:
• Assists Project Manager and Sr. Project Engineer with the planning and daily execution of the construction project.
• Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.
• Assists in the development of the site utilization plan Assists Project Manager / Superintendent in the review and coordination of the Loss Prevention and Quality Control Program Develops submittal log, participates in subcontractor project orientation meetings, communicates and coordinates submittals and coordinates drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent Actively participates in subcontractor project orientation
• Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time
• Conducts preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the Project Manager and/or Superintendent Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
• Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes.
• Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
• Ensures all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs, etc., are updated on the ‘as-built’ drawings and are fully coordinated with company supervision and all subcontractor/suppliers.
• Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Education, Experience and Knowledge Currently enrolled in a B.S. Construction Management, Engineering, or related field program. Internship(s) or Co-ops with a construction company is desired.
• Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
• Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
• Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
• Must be willing to relocate or live around the Dallas area.
New World Contracting, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.